Driving science and technology economic development in Georgia
The Georgia Research Alliance (GRA) grows Georgia's economy by expanding university research capacity and by seeding and shaping startup companies around inventions and discoveries.
Since its formation in 1990, GRA has leveraged $600 million of state funding into:
- Over $4 billion of direct federal and private investment in Georgia
- 170 active companies See examples
- a portfolio of inventions, processes and technologies that benefit humankind
Our board represents a unique alliance of top leaders from industry, academia and government, and our funding comes from public and private sources.
GRA’s work is accomplished in four interrelated ways:
- Recruiting world-class scientists to Georgia universities as GRA Eminent Scholars®
- Investing in state-of-the-art research technology for university labs
- Fueling the commercialization of university-based discoveries and inventions
- Forging and strengthening alliances among universities and industry to make Georgia more economically competitive
And because of GRA’s investment and involvement, science and technology breakthroughs continue to emerge from Georgia’s universities.
Download our brochure >