Biomedical Microscopy Core
University of Georgia
The University of Georgia Biomedical Microscopy Core (BMC) provides accessto confocal, deconvolution, super resolutionand other optical microscope systems (see below) that are useful for multicolor imaging of live and fixed cells and tissue samples, and high-content screening.
Moreover, this state-of-the-art microscopy facility serves UGA and external researchersby providing microscopy related expertise, training and assistance for advancing their projects on various model organisms.
Currently, BMC has the following instruments:
- Confocal Microscopes: Zeiss LSM 880 (upright), Zeiss LSM 710 (inverted)
- Super Resolution Microscope: Zeiss ELYRA S1 (SIM)
- Deconvolution Microscopes: GE DeltaVision I and II
- High Content Cell Analysers: BD Pathway 435 Bioimager, Molecular Devices ImageXpress Micro Confocal
- Zeiss Axio Examiner Z1 with an Electro Physiology Imaging Setup
- AxioScope A1: Fluorescence and Histology Color Imaging
- LaVision BioTec UltraMicroscope II: Light Sheet