Magnetic Resonance Imaging Core Facility
Georgia Institute of Technology
The Magnetic Resonance Imaging core provides high resolution MRI studies with the following focus: Molecular imaging, cardiac imaging, development of new contrast agents, biomedical engineering.
Our Bruker Pharmascan 7T provides the the following features:
- 7T superconducting magnet, with a bore of 160 mm.
- Gradient system (i.d. 90 mm). The maximum Gradient strength is 300 mT/m.
- RF resonator (i.d. 38 mm) optimized for the study of small rodents.
- RF resonator (i.d. 60 mm) for the study of larger objects.
- RF resonator (i.d. 25 mm) for the study of small objects.
- Transmit/Receive Surface coil (16 mm) for the study of small areas on large objects.
- Animal beds and anesthesia unit.
- Animal monitoring system